COVID-19 Event Update
All mental health work will continue under the guidelines and stages of the South African Government.
As always, the health, safety, and well-being of our community is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation regarding COVID-19, especially as it pertains to our live events. We have made the difficult decision to reschedule some retreats, but will continue to do as much as possible during this time to help people suffering, looking for healthy change and necessary growth.
Ensuring Health and Safety
We are ensuring our services, products and therapies follow the recommendations of the World Health Organization and local public health and government authorities – including but not limited to the following:
- Reinforce personal hygiene (hand hygiene and cough etiquette) throughout the operation.
- Provide both guests and employees with increased access to hygiene materials such as tissues and hand sanitizer stations.
- Stock properly applicable disinfectant products.
- Closely monitor employee health.
Guest Rooms & common areas
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect all hard surfaces.
- Increase cleaning and disinfection frequency, at least hourly for surfaces frequently touched by guests and employees.
- Clean and disinfect public restrooms at least three times daily.
- Provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations just outside of public restrooms of the highest quality.
- Provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations.
- Increase cleaning and sanitizing frequency. Begin disinfecting hard surfaces frequently touched by guests and employees.
- Diligently practice food safety procedures to help prevent cross contamination by infected individuals.
- Closely monitor employee health. Reinforce personal hygiene and cough etiquette.
- Encourage symptomatic employees to stay home.
- Identify critical employees and functions – develop a business continuity plan. Consider the ability for employees to work from home.
- Provide hand sanitizer stations, Ready to Use (RTU) disinfectant spray or wipes, and tissues for employees.
- Have employees disinfect all personal hard contact surfaces, i.e., desk, telephone, and computer keypad, etc.
- Educate and inform all employees of pandemic status and proper infection control procedures.
- Re-enforce employee protocols for access to bio-hazard spill kits and personal protective equipment in the event of an incident.
Onsite, we reserve the right to restrict guest access to any event activity if a guest displays signs of illness. Additionally, we are recommending all guests attend prepared with the extra protection efforts such as the below:
- Avoid physical contact with other guests. No handshaking or hugging. Use the spiritual greeting from Mark, as displayed on our websites and YouTube.
- Travel with your own yoga mat
- Pack an ample supply of hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes
Everyone is responsible for implementing their own measures, distancing and safety protocol. This interim guidance is based on what is currently known about the Coronavirus Disease 2020 (COVID-19). The National Institute for Communicable Diseases will update this interim guidance to governments and people as best as they can, and as additional information becomes available and changes daily and weekly. We accept no liability for errors or omissions. We are not those kind of scientists, only scientists in the human sciences and humanities. Always consult your doctor before undertaking any mental health or emotional work. Please read all disclaimers and understand that all rights are reserved for all services and products.